Sunday, April 05, 2009

my dog has OCD


(as if all dogs don't)

Ever since my sister brought her dog to stay with us while she and hubby travelled around the northeast in preparation for her starting Vet school (about 10 years ago?), and her dog ate the end of my dog's rawhide bone off (her dog's 10-20 lbs bigger than my 10 lb dog), my dog has protected this rawhide bone. She has to bring it to bed with her, and after dinner she has to have it on the couch with her during TV time.

WELL . . . yesterday my husband brought home new rawhide bones. Seems our dog had tried chewing on this petrified rawhide bone and didn't seem to like it. Either it tasted bad (but whenever has that stopped a dog from eating something?!) or she felt bad about chewing on what we've dubbed her "most prized possession". So he was thinking she might like a new bone to chew on.

She is so traumatized.

Now she has TWO bones to protect!! She won't even come out on the porch (which she loves) because she needs to protect these two bones. She actually went back to bed this morning so she could be with the two bones. So I brought the two bones out to the family room and put the new one with her on a chair. I'm thinking about phasing out the old one (but at this point even WE are used to it being around).

What to do, what to do . . .

4 comments:

suzannejb8 said...

status 4/14: we've taken back the new bones and she's all better now, with just the original bone.

MAN IN THE MIRROR said...

oh you like dogs also i like too
do you know i feed biscuits to street dogs i like it and i will approach any unknow dog and become it is my friend i study dog psychology too when i jogging or sittig at beach.

suzannejb8 said...

dogs make good people :-)

suzannejb8 said...

I'm afraid I can't recommend people go to your blog, though - full of naked people