Friday, October 28, 2005

current books

What's I'm reading these days:
  • Kite Runner - set in Afghanistan, 1974-1994
  • Alaska - set from the time of the "land bridge" between Asia and the Americas, to "present day" (20 years ago? I'm still 10s of thousands of years ago at the moment; the settling of the Aleutians)
  • Developing Mathematical Talent - written by the guy who founded CTY
  • Heart of Christianity - because the author will be speaking at our church in a couple weeks; an interesting description of religious liberalism
  • World Religions in America - just what the title says; a history and breakdown of how America is a religious melting-pot as well as ethnic (or are they interrelated concepts? hmmm)
  • What Neitzsche Really Said - I'm intrigued by his "heaven on earth" viewpoints

The most recent novel I have read is The 5 People You Meet in Heaven. I really liked it. It was thought-provoking, a quick read.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Ooh - Kite Runner is one of my absolute favorites. I'm reading Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See. So far it is EXCELLENT.